About us

Our history

Richard Anton – a brand for outstanding quality for more than 100 years.

1904 The company is founded on December 13, 1904 at 13:00 German time
1905 Richard Anton is awarded the exclusive right to import graphite from Ceylon to Europe
1927 July 1 – the company buys the Obernzell plant near Passau on the Danube River
1966 Richard Mader – the husband of Dorothea Anton (Richard Anton’s grand-daughter) – joins the company as an employee
1971 Modernization of the Obernzell plant
1972 The company starts to import pig iron – initially from Hungary
1974 Start of pig iron imports from Brazil
1980 Building starts on new plant in Mannheim
1980 Development of new graphite grades for the brake-lining industry
1993 TÜV certification according to DIN ISO 9002
1996 Expansion of the Mannheim plant
2003 Son Florian (4th Generation) joins the company
2004 The company celebrates its centennial
2004 January 5 – foundation of Aluminumwerk Hettstedt GmbH
2004 Richard Anton KG takes over RMG Metallfachhandel GmbH in Ladenburg near Mannheim
2005 New warehouses are built in Obernzell
2006 Production is again expanded in Obernzell
2007 Construction of new office building in Obernzell
2010 Enter in the book of the world’s leading companies, released by Dr. Florian Langenscheidt
2012 Construction of new production facility in Obernzell
2015 111th anniversary