Our history

Richard Anton – a brand for outstanding quality for more than 100 years.

Chronik

The company is founded

on December 13, 1904 at 13:00 German time

1904

Richard Anton is awarded the exclusive right to import graphite from Ceylon to Europe

1905

the company buys the Obernzell plant near Passau on the Danube River

1927

Richard Mader – the husband of Dorothea Anton (Richard Anton’s grand-daughter) – joins the company as an employee

1966

Modernization of the Obernzell plant

1971

The company starts to import pig iron – initially from Hungary

1972

Start of pig iron imports from Brazil

1974

Building starts on new plant in Mannheim

1980

Development of new graphite grades for the brake-lining industry

1980

TÜV certification according to DIN ISO 9001

1993

Expansion of the Mannheim plant

1996

Son Florian (4th Generation) joins the company

2003

The company celebrates its centennial

2004

foundation of Aluminumwerk Hettstedt GmbH

2004

Richard Anton KG takes over RMG Metallfachhandel GmbH in Ladenburg near Mannheim

2004

New warehouses are built in Obernzell

2005

Production is again expanded in Obernzell

2006

Construction of new office building in Obernzell

2007

Enter in the book of the world’s leading companies, released by Dr. Florian Langenscheidt

2010

Construction of new production facility in Obernzell

2012

111th anniversary

2015

Sale of Aluwerk Hettstedt GmbH and RMG Metallfachhandel GmbH

2019

Construction of a new production facility in the Mannheim plant

2021/2022

Award of the brand seal "Brand of the Century"

2022